On-Street Residential Parking Permits
New Permits: $33
Permit Renewal: $17
Additional Visitor Pass (only 2 allowed per address): $17
- There is no limit to the number of residential passes issued per address/residence; each resident is eligible to apply.
- Only two visitors' permits may be issued per address/residence. Visitors' permits may not be used by residents.
- If you do not own a car, you may apply for a "Location Only Permit". LOP may be used as visitor passes, and are subject to the same rules and regulations.
- Non-resident property owners and their employees and contractors are eligible for Service Vehicle Passes within RPP areas.
- Streets included in the Residential Permit Parking program are marked with signs stating the hours of enforcement; hours of enforcement vary by area.
- Residential Parking Permits are available from the City Treasurer and must be renewed annually. Permits run annually from September 1 - August 31 and are not prorated.
- Contractors performing work in the residential parking permit areas are eligible to receive temporary visitor passes for $25/week. These can be purchased in-person at the City Clerk's office; the contractor will be required to show proof that they will be working in the area (work agreement, permit, etc). This is a pilot program in the 2021 permit year.
- Non-resident property owners and their employees are eligible for Service Vehicle Passes within RPP areas.
You can apply for a residential parking permit online at ypsilantipermits.rmcpay.com, via mail/dropbox, or in-person at City Hall. The application form is available here or may be picked up at City Hall.
- Proof of residency within the RPP area (by means of utility bills, lease or valid state driver's license)
- Current vehicle registration
- Current driver's license or state ID
- Completed application form
- All existing parking citations must be paid before a permit can be issued, even for renewals
- Cash (in-person only)
- Check or money order (by mail/dropbox or in-person only)
- Credit Card (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or Discover)
- A 3.15% fee applies to use a credit card with a minimum fee of $1.05 when paying in-person; different fees apply when paying online.
Changes Made Annually
Changes to the RPP program are made on an annual basis by the City Manager upon recommendation of the Traffic Review Committee. Contact the Parking Manager at 734-482-9707 or via email for more information on being included in or excluded from this program.
The Residential Permit Program is established in Chapter 102, Sections 102-101 to 102-107 of the City Code of Ordinances.