- Planning & Development Department
- Current & Upcoming Planning Projects
Current & Upcoming Planning Projects
View the Adopted Master Plan Update Here!
City Council adopted the Master Plan Update at their May 4, 2021 meeting. View the adopted Master Plan Update here.
Non-Motorized Transportation Plan Update
City Council adopted the Non-Motorized Transportation Plan Update at their July 13, 2021 meeting. View the adopted Plan here.
Huron/Hamilton/Washtenaw Lane Reduction
When Huron, Hamilton, and Washtenaw were last designed, the City was seeing an increase in traffic; a decrease in people walking, biking, and taking transit; and the majority of people who lives and worked in Ypsilanti worked regular 9-5 jobs (or other standard shifts), which led to predictable traffic jams as people left work and shifts changed. Today, these same roads are seeing more bicyclists and walkers, and fewer "shift change" pressures, leading to roads that are wide open- leading drivers to greater speeds, despite more pedestrians attempting to cross and the same number of driveways and side streets. In order to improve the safety of these roads, the City is working with MDOT to evaluate the potential to change one of these streets' three lanes to a bicycle lane. Please spread the word to your friends, and join us at an upcoming public input session!
- City Council heard an update on the technical feasibility study on September 10th in Council Chambers, as part of their regularly scheduled meeting- see the report here!
The City's last Parks Plan was adopted in 2020, and much like the Master Plan, we're obligated to update it every five years.
Other Recent and Current Work
- There are two potential public art projects- a mural in the North Huron parking lot, and a mural in Riverside Park! Want to learn more? Email Christopher Jacobs.
- Feel free to follow the City's Facebook page or sign up for text and/or email alerts.