Public Hearing Notice
City of Ypsilanti Planning Commission
Wednesday, January 19, 2022, 7:00 pm
Public hearings will be held by the Ypsilanti Planning Commission at their regular January 19, 2022 meeting to consider the following:
Special Use Permit: Multiple-Family Dwelling Use at 845 & 945 W Clark Rd
The Planning Commission will hear a presentation, hold a public hearing, and may decide on an application for a Special Use Permit for multiple-family dwelling buildings of more than 6 units per building, at 845 and 945 Clark Rd.
Text Amendment: Zoning Ordinance Modifications
The Planning Commission will hear a presentation, hold a public hearing, and make a recommendation to City Council regarding the proposed adoption of amendments to the zoning text of the zoning code. The Planning Commission and city staff regularly track organizational changes and issues within the code and have drafted amendments to address these issues.
- Marijuana retailer buffer distance (§122-538): specifically changing the buffer distance from one retailer to the other, to 1,000 feet in General Corridor, 625 feet in Neighborhood Corridor, and 625 feet in Center zoning districts.
- Family definition (§122-203): specifically changing the unrelated occupant maximum from 3 to 5 in subsection (3).
- Parking garages (§122-518): shrinking setback for all parking garages to 10’, and eliminating the 100’ distance requirement for distance from R1, CN-Mid, or CN-SF zoning districts.
- Maneuvering lane width (§122-685(e)): changing the width requirements to make one-way and two-way widths more consistent.
- Fence opacity in HC, NC, and GC zoning districts (122-452(b)): restricting fences to be no greater than 50% opaque in front yards.
Planning Commission agendas and packets are available at cityofypsilanti.com/agendacenter. For further information, please call 734-483-9646 or email Andy Aamodt, City Planner, at email@example.com. For a full calendar of City events, please go to our website at cityofypsilanti.com/calendar.aspx.
The City invites all interested persons to attend this meeting or to send written comments to the City of Ypsilanti, Community & Economic Development Department, One South Huron Street, Ypsilanti, Michigan 48197. The City of Ypsilanti will provide necessary reasonable auxiliary aids and services, such as signers for the hearing impaired, Limited English Proficiency (LEP) services, and audios of printed materials being considered at the meeting. Individuals requiring auxiliary aids or services should provide two (2) days’ notice to the City, and contact the City by writing the City Clerk's Office, One South Huron Street, Ypsilanti, Michigan 48197; or by calling the Clerk’s Office at (734) 483-1100.
Posted: December 21, 2021