Changes in 2020

Additional handicap-placard parking is being added in Depot Town, Downtown, and West Cross. The Ballard Street Parking Lot (behind Golden Wall) is now free parking, however, you must have a resident or employee permit to park there overnight. 
In Depot Town, on-street parking timing will be adjusted to two-hour parking, Monday through Saturday, 10a-7p.  In the Freighthouse and Maple Street parking lots, parking will be three-hour parking, Monday through Saturday, 10a-7p. As of the week of June 8th, payment kiosks have begun to be installed in Depot Town, and on-street spaces have begun to be signed and numbered for payment, however, paid parking will not begin until early September.  Enforcement on timing restrictions will begin prior to enforcement of paid parking.
As always, blocking crosswalks, fire hydrants, driveways, or fire access aisles; occupying a handicap-placard space without a handicap placard; or otherwise parking in violation of the Michigan Vehicle Code and/or posted signage is subject to enforcement action. 

Public Parking

View general information on the location, price, and hours of both on- and off-street parking in Downtown, Depot Town, and West Cross areas on the maps below.
parking kiosk in front of the Thompson Block, 400 N River, June 2020
Map of on-street and off-street parking in the Depot Town commercial district
Map of on-street and off-street parking in the Downtown commercial district
Map of on-street and off-street parking in the West Cross commercial district

Central Business District Permit Parking

In the central business districts (Depot Town, Downtown, and West Cross), residents and employees are eligible for parking permit. More information about applying, rates, and parking areas can be found here.

Residential Permit Parking

In some residential areas, on-street parking is limited during certain times to neighborhood residents, their visitors, and service vehicles. Permits are available from the City Treasurer and must be renewed annually.

Paying or Appealing a Parking Ticket

In the unfortunate event that you receive a parking ticket, you can pay the ticket or start the appeals process here.

Street Maintenance Requests

Report non-emergency problems to the City, such as potholes and other minor street repairs, sidewalk safety concerns, slightly malfunctioning traffic signals, and damaged street signs by using SeeClickFix or by calling the Department of Public Services at 734-483-1421.  For emergency issues, please dial 911.

Streetlight Outage Reporting

Notice a streetlight out? Report it using the DTE Online System.